Friday, May 5, 2006

Spring is finally here!

The rain has finally stopped here in the SF Bay Area, and I've been able to ride my bike in on a much more regular basis. Flowers are blooming along the bay shore trail like crazy - it's beautiful! Shoreline park is a bird sanctuary, so it's cool to see lots of different species hanging out in the very large park. Today, I saw some pheasants and tons of geese. The geese today were quite puffed up and were hissing as we approached, because they have lots of baby goslings! Last week I saw an egret that had caught a rodent, and a pair of burrow owls just hanging out. I knew the burrow owls the moment I saw them, after years of listening to the Dead Milkmen's "Stuart".


With the dry weather I was also finally able to get out on my mountain bike this week. WOW! Mountain biking is much harder than road biking. I went down to Los Gatos with a few other mountain bikers & road up St Joeseph's hill. It was so hard, with my heart rate constantly spiking into the high 180s, but I did it! Now I can't wait to get out on my mountain bike again - soon!


At this point, though, I just want to make sure I am in shape to do the American Lung Association's ride at the end of this month. I know I *can* do it, but I want to do it without hurting myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment